Izzy’s Plumbing & Heating is a well-established and well-respected residential plumbing and HVAC company servicing central New Jersey. Over the past decade, Izzy’s focus has been on delivering unparalleled service built on professionalism, experience, honesty and trust.
Are you looking for a profitable, reliable and secure career?
Here are a few reasons why the plumbing/HVAC industry is a great career choice:
- Demand for skilled trades is rising
- You can rest assured you have local job security as trades work cannot be outsourced
- Offers on the job training
- No costly education debt
- Offers tremendous opportunity for growth and career development
- Essential trades work is recession proof
- Trade work offers life skills you can take anywhere
- Learn skills that will benefit not only your career, but your home and your loved ones
- Way more exciting than sitting in a cubicle!
We are seeking a full-time plumber’s assistant to support technicians with service calls, installations and repairs. The right candidate will be an enthusiastic problem solver with a drive for excellence and an ability to think out of the box.
Position requires occasional overtime and some weekends.
- Competitive pay
- Full benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Incentive programs
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Maintaining equipment, tools and company vehicles, in clean and good working condition
- Ensure job site cleanliness and organization through all phases of the service process
- Preparation of work site as directed, including set up/clean up
- Packing and sorting plumbing equipment for each job
- Assisting plumber’s with installations and repairs
- Organizing and maintaining shop inventory
- Completing small repairs
- Assisting service manager and technicians with other tasks as needed
An ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Quick learner with mechanical abilities
- Driven, hardworking and shows initiative
- Possess a strong desire to learn a new career/skill set
- 6 to 12 months of experience as a plumbing assistant preferred
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Familiarity of plumbing systems, materials and terminology is a plus
- Valid NJ Driver License along with a clean driving record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Attentive to detail and able to closely follow supervisor’s instructions
- Clean and neat appearance/work ethic
- Courteous, good mannered and professional team player
- Must be punctual and reliable
If you believe you are the right candidate for this opportunity, submit your resume today!
We look forward to hearing from you.